Activity Forums Questions & Troubleshooting Hardware Nextion Enhanced NX8048k070_011c

• Nextion Enhanced NX8048k070_011c

Jarda updated 3 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 4 Posts
  • jonnygainz

April 14, 2020 at 2:47 am

I am currently working on a project where I have an inductive sensor that senses a arm coming down, when this arm comes down I have successfully incremented two counter variables, one as a running count and the other as a count limited to a value. I want to push these values to the Nextion Enhanced NX8048k070_011c display but so far was unsuccessful. I currently have the nextion Library for the Arduino Mega and I tried connecting the Controllino to the Nextion HMI via the the pin head connectors, I tired TXD AND RXD on X1 and TXD2 and RXD2 on X2 and so far is unsuccessful in sending the data. Can someone offer some assistance?

• Jarda

April 17, 2020 at 12:13 pm

Hello,

Please be careful about the powering of the display. CONTROLLINO 5V output on the pinheader is limited to 200 mA. According the display datasheet it can consume around 500 mA with full brightness. This can be issue, that display has not enough power. Try to power it from external voltage source and don’t forget to interconnect GND ;-).

Regards

Jarda

• jonnygainz

May 1, 2020 at 12:42 am

Good day Jarda,

Powering the Nextion display is not the issue. I am using an external 5V source to power the display, my issue is with sending information from the controllino to the Nextion display. All I want to do is send a number from a counter variable to a number object on the Nextion display. So far I am unable to do this.

• Jarda

May 18, 2020 at 10:49 am

Hello,

are you sure, that your code is OK? Are you able to verify via oscilloscope the proper using of UART communication please?

Could you please share the code with us?

BR

Jarda

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now