Activity Forums Questions & Troubleshooting Controllino Mega RS485 ModbusRTU with DBLS-01S brushless dc motor driver

• Controllino Mega RS485 ModbusRTU with DBLS-01S brushless dc motor driver

• nbcdntr

December 22, 2022 at 5:09 pm

Hello Controllino Team,

I am a mechanical engineer and trying to understand Controllino but got stuck in controlling the DBLS-01S brushless dc motor driver over the RS485 interface of the Controllino Mega.

I have used the example and the library provided by Controllino but with no result.

Even though I adjusted Baud rate, starting address and slave address according to specifications, I have not succeeded. I’m struggling with this for 3 weeks now.

Can you please help me? Specifications of the DBLS-01S driver are available online (I do not see the possibility to attach documents or pictures here).

I aimed to solve this before christmas but lost faith.

Thanks for your support!

nbcdntr

• Lukas

March 15, 2023 at 4:03 pm

Hi nbcdntr,

Modbus is tricky. It is hard to let it running when you do not have experience with the master side (CONTROLLINO) and the slave (sensor or motor controller). I always recommend to start with simplier setup – use PC with USB-RS485 converter and some Modbus Master application and try to control the motor. Then, when you are sure you know the baudrate, address, registers and their meaning, switch to CONTROLLINO.

Good luck!

Lukas

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now